Volunteer & Mentorship Opporunities
We know that our more than 20,000 alumni have a wealth of knowledge to share with current students to send them down a similar path of success. That’s why we facilitate volunteer and mentorship activities to connect our successful alumni of today with our successful alumni of the future.
Job Shadow Program
Giving students insight into the working world is one of the best ways to keep them engaged in an engineering or computer science degree.
Through our job shadow program, we invite you to give current engineering and computer science students at Syracuse University the opportunity to learn about what their professional lives can look like after graduation. Whether it be coffee or a full-day experience, students find great value in the opportunity to connect with you as alumni.
Facts about the program:
- Students will participate in the program over winter break
- Student sign-ups and matching will happen in early November
- Matching will be based on professional interest and geographic location
- Training on what to expect from a job shadow experience will be required for all students
- This program was piloted with a small group of alumni over the last 2 years and received positive feedback from students and alumni
If you wish to participate, the form will take no more than 5 minutes to complete. A form will be posted soon, but if you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Lecture Opportunities
First-hand experiences make for an extraordinary learning environment. Share your expertise, career successes and preparation with our students.