Department Chair, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Syracuse University invites applications and nominations for the position of Chair of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. The University seeks a visionary and strategic individual who will enable the Department to maximize key transformational opportunities to elevate its research profile and educational mission.
Click here for a more detailed job description
For full consideration, candidates must complete an online application and electronically attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a document detailing their personal teaching philosophy through https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/63070. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. For additional information, please contact the Chair of the Search Committee, Professor Roger Schmidt, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-tenure Track Teaching Faculty
Syracuse University’s College of Engineering and Computer Science seeks faculty who share our commitment to excellence in learning, teaching, and innovation within a global community of scholars. In fall 2016, the College will begin offering existing master’s degree programs in an innovative online learning format that includes small, intimate classes, hands-on experiences, interactive coursework and live, face-to-face online classes blended with asynchronous lecture videos. Initial offerings will be MS degree programs in Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, and Computer Science, with an optional focus on Computational Data Science. Full-time residence in Syracuse, NY is not required.
- PhD (preferred) or Master’s Degree (required) related to Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science, or Computer Engineering
- Teaching experience or significant professional experience in a related field
- Experience with instructional design and online teaching preferred
- The ability to be self-directed with broadly-defined limits on assignments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A demonstrated ability to interact effectively and efficiently with diverse people in a highly multidisciplinary environment
- Interest in learning to use new technological tools to engage students in a virtual classroom environment
- Teaching live lectures over a virtual platform and asynchronous video lectures
- View asynchronous content in advance of each weekly live session
- Meet all designated class periods
- Grade assignments and exams
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours
- Submit completed mid-semester progress reports and final grades according to University regulations
- Curriculum development of three credit courses offered in 11-week quarters with alternating asynchronous and live sessions
- Student support, including online advising and office hours
- Coordination with other faculty teaching or developing the same courses online or on-campus
- Program administration, including supporting student admissions and placement
Syracuse University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to equality of opportunity and a diverse work force. Women, military veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.