Associate Professor, Executive Director of SyracuseCoE
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 1985.
- MSc, Heat Transfer Engineering, Imperial College, University of London, 1980.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 1978.
- Executive Director, Syracuse Center of Excellence
- Energy efficiency of building technologies
- Green building design, construction, and operation
- Indoor environmental quality
- Revitalization and resilience of urban neighborhood
- Collaborative research and development
- Regional economic development
Edward Bogucz leads SyracuseCoE, New York State’s Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems. Led by Syracuse University, SyracuseCoE is collaborative enterprise that strategically targets research, development, demonstration and deployment projects to accelerate innovations that improve energy efficiency, environmental quality, and resilience in healthy buildings and cleaner, greener communities.
Bogucz is Principal Investigator or co-PI, or has served in these roles, for projects totaling more $60 million to date from sponsors including U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Economic Development Administration, NASA, National Science Foundation, NYSTAR, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, Empire State Development, New York Power Authority, Carrier/United Technologies Corp., and National Grid.
- Leadership Award in the Non-Governmental Sector, awarded to SyracuseCoE by the U.S. Green Building Council in 2010.
Welch, A., Bogucz, E., Liptan, T., and Guenther, D., “New directions in rating systems for sustainability: The sustainable sites initiative and applying LEED-ND to existing neighborhoods,” presented at New Partners for Smart Growth, Seattle, 2010.
Podgorny, M., Beca, L., Santanam, S., Lewandowski, G., Markowski, R., Michalak, G., Roman, P., Gelling, P., Lipson, E., and Bogucz, E., “Digital convergence and building automation systems,” presented at REHVA World Congress CLIMA 2007 Wellbeing Indoors, Helsinki, Finland, June 2007.
Roe, K., Thakur, R., Dang, T.Q., and Bogucz, E.A., “Computation of streamwise vorticity injection in high-speed shear layers using parallel computers,” AIAA 95-6111, AIAA 6th International Aerospace Plane and Hypersonic Technologies Conference, Nashville, TN, April 1995.