Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Ph.D., Fluid Dynamics, University at Buffalo
- Fellow, American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2011
- Fellow, American Physical Society (APS), 2007
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2002
- Fellow, The Institute of Physics (UK), 2004
- Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2001
- 2003 ASME Robert T. Knapp Best Paper Award
- Applications of advanced fluid information
- Turbulence and multi-phase flows
- Energy systems
- Built environments
- Fluid mechanics of breathing and coughing
- Flow control
- Dynamical systems
- Unsteady aerodynamics
- Signal processing and instrumentation
- K-Ph.D. Education
- MAE 315, Mechanical and aerospace laboratory
- MAE 321, Vibrations
- MAE 341, Introduction to fluid mechanics
- MAE 741, Turbulence
Hardbound volume entitled, “Whither Turbulence and Big Data in the 21st Century?”, Springer (eds. A. Pollard, L. Castillo, L. Danaila and M. Glauser) 2016.
Wang, G., Lewalle, J., Glauser, M. and Walczak, J. (2013), “Investigation of the benefits of unsteady blowing actuation on a 2D wind turbine blade”. Journal of Turbulence, Vol 14, Issue 1, pp 165 – 189.
Glauser, M.N., Saric, W.R., Chapman, K. and Riebert, M., (2014), “ Swept Wing Boundary-Layer Transition and Turbulent Flow Physics from Multi-Point Measurements’’, AIAA Journal, Volume 52, Issue 2 pages 338-347.
Shea, P. R., and Glauser, M. N., (2014) “Closed-Loop Active Flow Control of a Three-Dimensional Turret Wake,” AIAA Journal, doi: http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/1.J052810 Bai, Z., Wimalajeewa, T., Berger, Z.P., Wang, G., Glauser, M.N., Varshney, P., (2014).
“Low-Dimensional Approach for Reconstruction of Airfoil Data via Compressive Sensing’’ AIAA Journal http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/1.J053287 Berger, Z.P., Berry, M.G., Shea, P.R., Noack, B.R., Gogineni, S., Glauser, M.N., (2014).
“Active Flow Control for High Speed Jets Using Advanced Modeling Coupled with PIV”, Journal of Flow Turbulence and Combustion. DOI 10.1007/s10494-014-9580-2 C.J. Ruscher, B. V. Kiel, S. P. Gogineni, A. S. Magstadt, M. G. Berry, and M. N.Glauser. Toward the development of a noise and performance tool for supersonic jet nozzles: Experimental and computational results. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 136(4):2100, 2014.
Ruscher, C.J., Dannenhoﬀer, J.F., Glauser, M.N., “Repairing Occluded Data for a Mach 0.6 Jet via Data Fusion Techniques”, AIAA Journal, 2016.
A.S. Magstadt, M. G. Berry, Z. P. Berger, P. R. Shea, C. J. Ruscher, S. P. Gogineni, andS. Magstadt, M. G. Berry, Z. P. Berger, P. R. Shea, C. J. Ruscher, S. P. Gogineni, and M.N. Glauser. An investigation of sonic & supersonic axisymmetric jets: Correlations between ﬂow physics and far-ﬁeld noise. Journal of Flow Turbulence and Combustion, pages 1–26, 2016.
M.G. Berry, A. S. Magstadt, and Glauser M. N. Application of pod on time-resolved schlieren in supersonic multi-stream rectangular jets. Physics of Fluids, (To Appear), 2017.