Tapan Kumar Sarkar
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Ph. D. Syracuse University
- Electromagnetic system analysis and design
- Design of Antennas for various applications
- Electromagnetic and Signal Processing
- 2014 President, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society
- Docteur Honoris Causa , Universite of Blaise Pascal, Clermont Ferrand, France, 1998
- Docteur Honoris Causa, Politechnic University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain, 2004
- Docteur Honoris Causa, Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland, 2012
- PE Professional Engineer licensed in New York (#058833)
- Best Solution Award, RADC Spectral Estimation Workshop, May 1971
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility, Oct. 1979
- IEEE Fellow, 1992
- College of Engineering Research Award, Syracuse University, 1996
- Best Paper Award, National Radar Conference, 1997
- Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence in Research, Syracuse University, 1998
- Received medal of the Friend of the City of Clermont Ferrand, Clermont-Ferrand, France (2000)
- Listed in Guide 2 Research, Top H-index for Antennas and Propagation (http://www.guide2research.com/scientists/antennas_and_propagation)
Sarkar, T. K., MAILLOUX, R., OLINER, A., SALAZAR-PALMA, M. and SENGUPTA, D. “History of Wireless”, John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
SARKAR, T. K., SALAZAR-PALMA, M. and MOKOLE, E., “Physics of Multiantenna Systems and Broadband Processing,” John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
ZHANG, Y and SARKAR, T. K., “Parallel Solution of Integral Equation–Based EM Problems in the Frequency Domain”, IEEE Press & John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
JUNG, B. H., SARKAR, T.K., TING, S. W., ZHANG, Y., MEI, M., JI, Z., YUAN, M., DE, A., SALAZAR-PALMA, M., and RAO, S. M., “Time and Frequency Domain Solutions of EM Problems Using Integral Equations and a Hybrid Methodology”, IEEE Press and John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
ZHANG, Y., SARKAR, ZHAO, W., GARCIA-DONORO, D., ZHAO, X., SALAZAR-PALMA, M. and TING, T., “Higher Order Basis Based Integral Equation Solver [HOBBIES],” John Wiley & Sons, 2012.