February 21, 2017 - 11:00 am — 4:00 pm
Graduate student Mahesh Mhatre is developing a cloud-based smart parking system. Smart parking provides users with real time location of a vacant parking space and its related information in a smartphone app.
The benefits are:
- Finding empty parking spot from the app
- Locating the vehicle while coming back to parking lot.
- Tracking the parking time, and renewing the spot using the app/website
- Reserving parking in advance remotely
- Navigation to the parking spot/car.
- Dynamic fare management system. (For peak hours)
- Automatic notification to traffic or admin in-charge in case of parking period expiry.
Mhatre will demonstrate the project prototype with an Android app.