February 13, 2017
As part of our National Engineers Week (Eweek) programming, the College of Engineering and Computer Science will host a Computer Science Exploration Day on Saturday, February 25, from 10 am – 2:30 pm in Link Hall. High school students are invited to come to campus to explore computer science through hands-on workshops led by Engineering and Computer Science faculty members.
- The Computer Science Behind Photographs
- How are photos stored on a computer and how does photographic software enhance, filter, and change photographs? We will look at some programs, modify them, build on them. We have programming activities for those with no experience, as well as programmers at all levels.
- Programming for the World Wild Web
- Build webpages from scratch! Webpages can be posted on the web or just on your own computer. Activities for those with all levels of experience.
- What is Computer Science and Who are Computer Scientists?
- Games for “meeting” some computer scientists and for finding out what computer scientists do.
While on campus, students will also explore various engineering disciplines and take a campus tour.
Thank you for your interest in this Saturday’s Computer Science Exploration Day for high school students. Registration is now closed.
If you have any questions about Computer Science Exploration Day, please contact Carol Stokes-Cawley at [email protected].