- Academic Rules, Student Responsibilities & Services
- Course catalog
- Grade appeal process
- Student handbooks*
- Transfer credit database
Academic Forms and Procedures
Petition forms may be obtained below or in the Student Records Office, 130 Link Hall.
When petitioning, students must obtain the following signatures, unless otherwise noted: first, the advisor, second, the department chair or program director, and finally, the associate dean.
- Change of Major Petition
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Waiver Form
- Flag Petition
- Intra University Transfer Form
- Letter Request Form
- Petition to the Faculty
- Transfer Credit Petition
- Withdrawal Petition
Change of Major within Engineering and Computer Science
In order to select or change a major, students must obtain a formal approval from the department chair or program director of the new major. Students must complete a change of major petition and follow the procedure below:
- Meet with chairperson or program director of the new major.
- Complete a change of major petition clearly stating the current major and the new major.
- Obtain the signature of the chairperson or the program director of the new major.
- A review of the student’s file may be necessary before making a decision. If the petition is approved, the chairperson will assign a new faculty advisor to the student.
Intra University Transfer (IUT)
Students who wish to transfer to an Engineering and Computer Science major from another school or college must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants are required to complete at least one of MAT 295, 296, or 397 (with a grade of B- or better) and science (by completing at least one set of PHY 211/221 or CHE 106/107 with a grade of B- or better). Students who wish to major in Computer Science must also complete CIS 252) with a grade of at least a B.
- Complete an IUT form from the Student Records office, 130 Link Hall.
- Meet with Maria Marceau, Director of Student Records, with any questions regarding the IUT process.
- Aerospace Engineering curriculum
- Bioengineering curriculum
- Chemical Engineering curriculum
- Civil Engineering curriculum
- Computer Engineering curriculum
- Computer Science curriculum
- Electrical Engineering curriculum
- Environmental Engineering curriculum
- Mechanical Engineering curriculum
- Systems & Information Science curriculum
Students are placed on academic probation when their academic records fail to meet specific minimum criteria for progress toward degree completion. This includes the following:
- Term or cumulative GPA less than 2.0 and Less than 2.0 mathematics, science, and Engineering and Computer Science course GPA (IST courses for SIS majors)
- Completion of less than 12 credits hours in one semester or 24 credits hours within any 12-month period
- Failure to complete at least 6 credits and/or term GPA less than 1.5, will result in immediate suspension
- Failure to complete calculus sequence by the end of the sophomore year (MAT 295, 296, & 397) (Does not apply to SIS majors)
- In addition to the above conditions, computer science students only: GPA of less than 2.667 in core courses
- Failure to maintain satisfactory progress toward your degree
- Failure to meet special conditions of previous semester
Syracuse University students register online using MySlice. Undergraduate students must meet with their advisor before they can register for classes.