Assistant Professor (Starting Fall 2020)
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- M.S. (En-Passant) & Ph.D. University of Iowa
- B.E. Southwest Jiaotong University
- Mechanics of composite materials under extreme environments
- Multifunctional composite materials
- Durability and damage tolerance of composite structures
- Multiphysics modeling
Dr. Wang’s current research goal is twofold: 1) to understand the material behavior and failure mechanisms of composite materials and structures under extreme environments (lightning strike, laser, aerodynamic heating, and mechanical impact) through multiphysics modeling and experimental validation and 2) to improve the survivability, durability, and damage tolerance of composite structures under extreme environments through the design and development of multifunctional composite materials, including nanostructured and bio-inspired composite materials.
- Graduate & Professional Student Government Travel Award, University of Iowa, 2016
- Second Place Award, IWEA (Iowa Wind Energy Association) Conference Research Poster Competition, 2014
- First Place Award, Paper Competition at the 15th Annual James F. Jakobsen Graduate Conference, University of Iowa, 2013
- First Place Award, Iowa EPSCoR Annual All-Hands Meeting Poster Competition, 2013
- Best Paper Award, 27th American Society for Composites (ASC) Technical Conference, 2012
Yeqing Wang, Timothy K. Risch, Joseph H. Koo. Assessment of A One-dimensional Finite Element Charring Ablation Material Response Model for Phenolic-impregnated Carbon Ablator, Aerospace Science and Technology, 91:301-309, 2019.
Yeqing Wang, Getachew K. Befekadu, Hongtao Ding, David W. Hahn. Uncertainty Quantification for Modeling Pulsed Laser Ablation of Aluminum Considering Uncertainty in the Temperature-dependent Absorption Coefficients, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 120:515-522, 2018.
Yeqing Wang, Crystal L. Pasiliao. Modeling Ablation of Laminated Composites: A Novel Manual Mesh Moving Finite Element Analysis Procedure with ABAQUS, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 116:306-313, 2018.
Yeqing Wang, Olesya I. Zhupanska. Modeling of Thermal Response and Ablation in Laminated Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites Due to Lightning Strike, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 53:118-131, 2018.
Yeqing Wang. Multiphysics Analysis of Lightning Strike Damage in Laminated Carbon/Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composite Materials: A Review of Problem Formulation and Computational Modeling, Composites Part A, 101:543-553, 2017.
Yeqing Wang, Ninggang Shen, Getachew K. Befekadu, Crystal L. Pasiliao. Modeling Pulsed Laser Ablation of Aluminum with Finite Element Analysis Considering Material Moving Front, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 113:1246-1253, 2017.
Yeqing Wang, Olesya I. Zhupanska. Lightning Strike Thermal Damage Model for Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites and its Application to Wind Turbine Blades, Composite Structures, 132:1182-1191, 2015.