Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Ph.D. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1985.
- M.S. Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1980.
- B.S. Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1978.
- Syracuse Center of Excellence
- CASE Center
- Intelligent systems applications
- Indoor environment control
- Modeling and forecasting for financial systems
- Medical Instrumentation
Modeling complex systems for improved control, forecasting, and signal processing is at the heart of my current research. I use a combination of analytical and computational methods, such as neural nets, fuzzy logic and genetic algorithms, validated by experimental and simulated data. We have applied this approach to process control, indoor environmental control, medical instrumentation, diagnostics and prognostics, and computational finance.
- Eta Kappa Nu, Member
- Tau Beta Pi, Member
- Golden Key, Honorary Member
- Who is Who in Science and Engineering, 9th Edition, 2006
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher, Eta Kappa Nu Syracuse University Chapter, 1998
- K.S. Fu Award, North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, 1997
- Outstanding Service Award, Syracuse University, College of ECS, 1997
- Who is Who in American Education, 4th Edition, 1994
- University of Florida, Presidential Recognition, 1983
Dhummi, V., D. W. Demetriou, H. Palanthandalam-Madapusi, H. E. Khalifa, C. Isik, “Robust Occupancy-based Distributed Demand Ventilation”, International J. of Ventilation, Volume 9, No 4, March 2011.
Colak, S., C. Işık, H. E. Khalifa, J. Dannenhoffer, J. Grunewald, “Heat and Moisture Transport Modeling for a Protective Garment with an Active Sweating Device”, in ASME Congress, Vancouver, Canada, 2010.
Demetriou, D., O. Ozdemir, H. E. Khalifa and C. Isik, “Distributed Demand Controlled Ventilation for Improving IAQ”, Proc. Indoor Air 2008, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2008.
Sazli, M.H., Isik, C., “Neural Network Implementation of the BCJR Algorithm”, Digital Signal Processing, Volume 17, January 2007, pp 353-359.
Ari, S., I. Cosden, H. E. Khalifa, J. Dannenhoffer, P. Wilcoxen, and C. Isik, “Individual Thermal Comfort and Energy Optimization”, Proc. Clima2007, Helsinki, Finland, 2007.
S. Zhang, C.K. Mohan, P. Varshney, C. Isik, K. Mehrotra, S. Wang, Z. Gao, and R. Rajagopalan, “Coupling of Airflow and Pollutant Dispersion Models with Evacuation Planning Algorithms for Building System Controls”, ASHRAE Transactions. Vol. 112. Part 1. 2006.
Isik, C., “Blood Pressure Measurement”, invited chapter, the Encyclopedia of Medical Devices and Instrumentation, 2nd Ed, Vol 1. John G. Webster (Ed), Wiley, 2006.