Philip A. Rice
Biomedical & Chemical Engineering
- S.E., M.S.E., PhD. University of Michigan
- Process design and evaluation
- Transport processes in biological and chemical processes
- Biodiesel production from soybean oil, other plant oils, and animal fats
- Bioreactor design and optimization
- Purification of gases using membranes
- Process calculations for biodiesel production, simulation of water transport in masses, absorption processes in clays.
- Fellow AlChE
Deshpande, A., G. Anitescu, P. A. Rice, and L. L. Tavlarides. Supercritical Biodiesel Production and Power Cogeneration: Technical and Economic Feasibilities, Bioresource Technology, 101 no. 6. (March 2010). 1834-1843.
Halo, J, P. A. Rice, and S.A. Stern, Upgrading low-quality natural gas with H2S- and CO2- selective polymer membranes. Part II. Process Design, economics, and sensitivity study of membrane stages with recycle streams, 320, no. 1-2 (July 2008) 108-122.
Zhou, W., G. Anitescu, P.A. Rice, and L. L. Tavlarides, Supercritical Fluid Extraction- Oxidation Technology to Remediate PCB-Contaminated Soils/Sediments: An Economic Analysis, Environmental Progress, 23, no. 3 (October 2004) 222-231.
Halo, J, P. A. Rice, and S.A. Stern, Upgrading low-quality natural gas with H2S- and CO2- selective polymer membranes. Part I. Process Design, economics, and sensitivity study of membrane stages with recycle streams, Membrane Science, 209, no. 1 (2002) 177-206.