Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 1985.
- MSc, Heat Transfer Engineering, Imperial College, University of London, 1980.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 1978.
- Executive Director, Syracuse Center of Excellence
- Energy efficiency of building technologies
- Green building design, construction, and operation
- Indoor environmental quality
- Revitalization and resilience of urban neighborhood
- Collaborative research and development
- Regional economic development
Edward Bogucz leads SyracuseCoE, New York State’s Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems. Led by Syracuse University, SyracuseCoE is collaborative enterprise that strategically targets research, development, demonstration and deployment projects to accelerate innovations that improve energy efficiency, environmental quality, and resilience in healthy buildings and cleaner, greener communities.
Bogucz is Principal Investigator or co-PI, or has served in these roles, for projects totaling more $60 million to date from sponsors including U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Economic Development Administration, NASA, National Science Foundation, NYSTAR, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, Empire State Development, New York Power Authority, Carrier/United Technologies Corp., and National Grid.
- Leadership Award in the Non-Governmental Sector, awarded to SyracuseCoE by the U.S. Green Building Council in 2010.
Bogucz, E.A. “Driving innovations for data-driven built environments,” New York Academy of Sciences, May 30, 2012.
Hercules, J., Bogucz, E.A., Loomis, E., Queeley, D., “Show me the money: Advancing economic development goals with LEED-ND,” EcoDistricts Summit, Boston, Nov. 12, 2013.
Bogucz, E.A, Hollander, H., “The historical heritage of technology in Central New York,” John Edson Sweet Lecture, Technology Alliance of Central New York, Onondaga Community College, Dec. 10, 2013.
Bogucz, E.A., “Clean air for China, exported from New York: A case study in accelerating innovations for advanced buildings,” Advanced Energy 2014, Albany, NY, April 2014.
Bogucz, E.A., “Sustainable buildings—from local to global,” Syracuse University-Nanjing University 3rd Forum on Green Buildings and Urban Environments,” Syracuse, NY, Oct. 20, 2015.