Activities and Support
The ECS Research office works in partnerships with on-campus units and offices to provide services to increase sponsored project funding for research, education, and outreach. These include the following support:
- The office created a new online version of the Internal Routing and Review (IRR) Form for Engineering and Computer Science faculty. Please use your SUID to log in.
- The Office of Sponsored Programs provides assistance with the submission of proposals and is responsible for assuring that submitted proposals conform to sponsor guidelines and University policies,
- Syracuse University subscribes to a Data Management Tool which can help faculty create a Data Management Plan for NSF, NIH and other funding proposals. For assistance, contact OSP or the Library’s Research Data Services group.
- The Office of Sponsored Accounting assists with the financial management of sponsored projects.
- Syracuse University provides research computing infrastructure resources and support to the campus research community.
- The SU Library offers faculty applying for the NSF CAREER Program a comprehensive literature search. Contact the Science & Engineering Librarian to request a search.
- ECS Research Office works closely with the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations to identify and develop collaborative relationships with industrial partners.
- ECS Research Office is actively working to identify funding opportunities conducive to both college and university areas of strength, particularly for interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary programs. Please visit our Funding Opportunities webpage.
- The SU Office of Sponsored Program’s Highlights webpage provides information on proposals submitted and awarded to the SU community (internal access only).
- The Experts at Syracuse provides a way for SU colleagues and outside entities to identify faculty areas of expertise and provide connections and opportunities. Faculty can also use Experts to search for funding opportunities.
- ECS Research publishes a weekly newsletter highlighting faculty and student awards.