Activities and Support
The ECS Research office works in partnerships with on-campus units and offices to provide services with the goal of increasing sponsored project funding for research, education and outreach. These includes the following support:
- The Office of Sponsored Programs provides assistance with the submission of proposals and is responsible for assuring that submitted proposals conform to sponsor guidelines and University policies,
- Syracuse University subscribes to a Data Management Tool which can help faculty create a Data Management Plan for NSF, NIH and other funding proposals. For assistance, contact OSP or the Library’s Research Data Services group.
- The Office of Sponsored Accounting provides assistance with the financial management of sponsored projects.
- Syracuse University provides research computing infrastructure resources and support to campus research community.
- The SU Library offers faculty applying for the NSF CAREER Program a comprehensive literature search. Contact the Science & Engineering Librarian to request a search.
- ECS Research Office works closely with the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations to identify and develop collaborative relationships with industrial partners.
- ECS Research Office is actively working to identify funding opportunities conducive to both college and university areas of strength, particularly for interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary programs. Please visit our Funding Opportunities webpage.
- The SU Office of Sponsored Program’s Highlights webpage provides information on proposals submitted and awarded to the SU community (internal access only).
- The Experts at Syracuse provides a way for SU colleagues and outside entities to easily identify faculty areas of expertise and provide connections and opportunities. Faculty can also use Experts to search for funding opportunities in their area of research.
- ECS Research publishes a weekly newsletter highlighting faculty and student awards.